Netherton Foundry Shropshire

Netherton Foundry Shropshire
Classic cookware, made in England

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Pork chops with plum sauce



It has been somewhat busy at Netherton Workshops over the last few weeks - not least with our latest 2 export orders.
Shropshire made cookware is now making its mark in Germany and the Czech Republic and we have been busy loading the pallets and waving our pans off to foreign homes.

I have been very conscious that it is a bit too long since I posted a new blog, so I was mightily relieved when our fabulous customer Jan dropped me an e-mail.


Jan came to visit our workshops last summer after being disappointed that she couldn't buy a Shropshire made slow cooker in the county town of Shrewsbury - sadly still the case!

But we are always happy to meet customers, so she was, in her words, "treated like royalty" and has been keeping me up to date with her recipes ever since.

Here's the latest, thanks Jan



Here’s a nice simple tasty recipe to add to the blog. I got the recipe from the web. It was for pork ribs, but works very well with chops.  They cooked quite quickly and were incredibly tender.


Slow cooker pork chops with plum sauce
1/3 cup plum jam
1 chicken stock cube
2 teasp cornflour – I omitted this as I don’t like glutinous sauces
¼ cup of water
3 teasp soy sauce
1 clove garlic crushed
Chops of course!

I fried the chops briefly on the hob and then added the sauce ingredients. It cooked  in about 4 hours on HIGH. The meat was so tender and sweet. Delicious! This is nice with some simple vegetables, cauliflower, and jacket potatoes.


It seems years since we came over for our cooker, and I think it was one of the best purchases ever! I am always telling my friends about the virtues of slow cooking.
Happy Christmas to all,
Jan

If anyone else has a recipe that they'd be happy to share, please e-mail it over to me, ideally with a photo and I will post it on to the blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment