Netherton Foundry Shropshire

Netherton Foundry Shropshire
Classic cookware, made in England

Saturday 25 August 2018

Chocolate and cashew cookies

Some would call it heresy, but I have to admit to not liking Nutella.  I know that puts me in a minority and there are those who would suggest therapy, but it's just not my thing.  It makes me popular in the Netherton household, as I can be relied on not to raid the offsprings' stash.
However, I recently discovered Tiptree chocolate spread and that's a whole new ball game; richer, darker, less sweet.  For my money it knocks Nutella out of the park.
Last week, I mixed it with ultra strong espresso to sandwich a chocolate and coffee sponge and this week it has been added to a crumbly cookie mix.



120g butter
50g Tiptree chocolate spread
30g tahini paste
70g sugar
1 egg
175g self raising flour
70g salted cashews, roughly chopped

Pre-heat the oven to 175ºC and leave a heavy duty baking sheet or griddle plate in the oven while you prepare the mixture.
If you have a range style cooker, use our specially designed baking sheet.
Cream together the butter, chocolate spread, tahini paste and sugar.
Beat in the egg.
Stir in the flour and cashews to create a stiff dough.
Carefully remove your baking sheet from the oven and place it on a heatproof surface.
Put walnut sized pieces of the dough on to the tray and replace in the oven.
bake for 15 minutes, until nicely browned.
Remove from the oven and slide onto a baking sheet to cool.


Netherton Foundry Shropshire 2018 ©





No comments:

Post a Comment